Saturday, October 13, 2012

A Personal Note from Daniel


From the time that I was a child, Africa has had a very  special place in my heart.  My family lived in Cameroon for three years when I was very young, and I have fond memories of the people and the culture.  Then when I was 13 years old, my family had plans to become    involved with work in Tanzania.  Unfortunately, these plans fell through because of a health crisis in our family, and we were never able to return.    In our college years, a group from Freed-Hardeman went on a campaign to Tanzania to help with the fledgling TZ2000 mission effort.  Intrigued, Tiffany and I joined the campaign and were thrilled with the work taking place.  At the time, we were not ready to make the leap into long-term missions, but a seed of passion for missions was planted in my own soul, to grow quietly over the next ten years.  In 2010,     Tiffany and I had the opportunity to return to Tanzania for another campaign – this time with our daughter, Abby.  Still enthralled with the work, I knew that I wanted to live there one day.  After much prayer and thought, Tiffany and I agreed that it was the right choice for our family.  I talked with the elders at Lehman Avenue about the great things happening in Tanzania, and they received it eagerly.  They saw the great potential and opportunities that could come along with being involved in a venture like this.  So together we began to formulate a plan. Read all about that plan, and our journey on this blog.   

No comments:

Post a Comment